Thursday 15 May 2014

FMP Evaluation

For my Final Major Project I used my Lonely Existence idea which is a short 5 minute production that follows a Protagonist who's searching for why he's alone whilst conducting his search it becomes apparent he's being stalked by something I enjoyed producing this piece of work as it allowed me to be as creative as I liked to be for example I tried out some cool camera angles that I thought were quite unique and made some scenes look more dynamic.

I think that my Production didn't go so well I thought I had shot a lot more then I had and only had enough footage to literally scrape 5 minutes I also had a problem with sound as when it came to recoding with the zoom you could still hear the wind in the recording which created a lot of problems.

One of my main problems was on the day of shooting there was a Tractor cutting down the bush in the area I planned to film which meant I had to change the plan quite quickly on set and film different things in a different location which meant I wasn't sticking to the shot list which is probably why I was only able to just achieve 5 minutes instead of around 7 minutes that I planned to reach.

One thing I liked was some of the unique camera angles we achieved one in the forest we made lift and rested it on a branch giving the feeling of height.

I think there was a lot of creative thinking in this production in all the shots I was trying to make the Protagonist look small and powerless to what's happening around him I did this by always making the camera higher then him.

I also dislike the ending of my project as I feel as though it doesn't make sense and I also had a lot of problems with attempting to show that the characters alone without having to keep saying it.


This is the link to my Finished Piece not the rough draft.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sapqMGXlIaU&feature=youtu.be

No comments:

Post a Comment