Wednesday 18 December 2013

Ident Completed

Ident

I took my final idea and put it into action i got a picture from the internet of an office door it took me along time to find the one i wanted and whilst looking at pictures it began to make me change my mind and then i did a storyboard based on my new idea.
I originally had 3 production names i could use JCP Productions, Blood Smear Productions and Scary Door Productions these were my choices once i found the door picture i really liked my idea changed i decided to change the idea completely to Scary Door productions with the picture selected i put it into Adobe Photoshop and removed its background then i saved the picture as a JPEG once i saved it i played around the gradient option and swapped it essentially giving it the complete opposite colours black>white white>black i then saved this as another picture after i put it into After effects and began the editing stage i made it around 8-9 seconds long and started with just the original picture of the door which i changed the Opacity so it gave a fade in effect then after a few seconds it swaps to the second door (the one with the gradient effects) and then i made it so toward the end that door then fades out by again changing the opacity i then put its in the render Que then for the final step i put the ident into Final Cut Pro i then used a screaming sound i found online on a royalty free website and i placed it on the moment the door changes and finally i exported it as a quicktime file and put it on youtube.

My Completed Ident

Evaluation
I think that my ident went well considering i haven't been using After Effects for long i like the whole concept and idea of the ident and i especially like it when the Gradient changes the only problem i think is the theme of the ident it could severely limit what productions i can do as the ident is a horror theme and would seem unsuitable if i use it for say a kids film.

No comments:

Post a Comment